NOTICE TO MEMBERS – 23rd March 2022
Members Prize / Ball Accounts:
We wish to advise Members that we will recommence purging the ball / prize accounts now COVID restrictions have eased, and the Club is back to normal trading and golf playing conditions. Purging of ball / prize account funds older that six months will be completed monthly on the 1st business day of the month. The previous arrangements will be reintroduced commencing 1st May 2022. This is to prevent accumulating a liability in the balance sheet and is prudent financial practice.
- Eg: Prizes / balls won prior to 1st November 2021 will be forfeited on 1st May 2022 if not claimed prior.
Prizes can be claimed via the Pro Shop. If you wish to purchase an item that is not in stock and needs to be ordered, your prize will be deemed as claimed at the time of order.
We suggest all golf members review their prize accounts via the Member website and arrange to claim all prizes older than six months ASAP and before 1st May 2022.
Timesheet Booking Changes:
Advice of proposed changes to availability of time sheets for golf tee time bookings:
- Wednesday: Time sheet will open on the clubhouse kiosk on Tuesday at 7.00 pm 8 days prior to the event. Timesheets will then go live online 6.30 pm next day Wednesday 7 days prior.
- Sunday: Time sheet will open on the clubhouse kiosk on Saturday at 7.00 pm 8 days prior to the event. Timesheets will then go live online 6.30 pm next day Sunday 7 days prior.
- Thursday: Time draw 6.30 pm Wednesday the week before, with tickets given out from 5.30 pm. (No change – 8 days prior). Time sheet will open on the clubhouse kiosk immediately after the completion of the draw at 7.00 pm. Timesheets will then go live online 6.30 pm next day Thursday 7 days prior.
- Saturday: Time draw 6.30 pm Friday the week before, with tickets given out from 5.30pm. (No change – 8 days prior). Time sheet will open on the clubhouse kiosk immediately after the completion of the draw at 7.00 pm. Timesheets will then go live online 6.30 pm next day – Saturday 7 days prior.
These changes will come into effect from Monday 4th April 2022. This change is to encourage Members to come to the Club to book in either via the draw or through the Kiosk to book their preferred time.
Bookings via the Pro-Shop will not be available until timesheets go live on line.
Vaccination Requirements for playing golf and clubhouse entry.
The Board has decided to relax the vaccination requirements for golf competition participation. Unvaccinated members will be permitted to book and play in golf competitions under the existing playing conditions for all golfing members relative to their category of membership.
Appointment of new Temp Secretary Manager – Pat Cullen:
The Board would like to advise members that we have appointed a Temporary Secretary Manager, Mr Pat Cullen, for a period of three months, effective Monday 21st March 2022. Pat’s appointment is to cover the position of Secretary Manager whilst our incumbent Secretary Manager, Tony Rosillo is on extended leave.
Appointment of an interim Secretary Manager will also ensure compliance with various statutory requirements.
Pat has extensive experience in the hospitality industry as a business manager with over 35 years of experience across range of Clubs, Hotels, hospitality businesses and industry suppliers.
Pat lives in Concord with his wife and three sons. He has been a member of Concord Golf Club for 35 years and played cricket at Briars for many years.
He has a strong interest and hands on approach to building and property maintenance and management. He has managed many pub renovations and building projects. He is experienced in the hospitality industry working in all facets of the industry.
Pat will work collaboratively with the Board and current staff and continue to strengthen our team and achieve the desired results through working with a cohesive team.